SCS Lighting Solutions (“SCS Lighting”) warrants to the original product or service purchaser (hereinafter ‘the Customer’) that the SCS Lighting product or service for which the Customer received this warranty was designed, developed and/or fabricated using all due reasonable commercial care and good manufacturing practices. SCS Lighting’s product or service shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for 5 years from date of acceptance, or the rated product life span in hours as specified in SCS Lighting’s Product Specification and/or Sales Quotation that resulted in this order whichever occurs first, from the original of date purchase. SCS Lighting’s sole obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at SCS Lighting’s option. SCS Lighting must be notified in writing of any claim under this warranty within 30-days of any claimed lack of conformity of the product or service.
Warranty Limitations – The duration of any implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall SCS Lighting be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express or implied warranty or condition, of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set forth herein. Some states or countries do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts and some do not allow exclusions or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from location to location. This warranty will be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the United States and the State of Delaware. The original English language version (meaning) of this warranty controls over all translations; SCS Lighting is not responsible for any errors in translation of this warranty and/or any product instructions. This warranty is not intended to confer any additional legal, jurisdictional or warranty rights to you other than those set forth herein or required by law. If any portion of this warranty is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such finding will not invalidate any other provision.
Warranty Service Options – For service under this warranty you must notify SCS Lighting in writing and include the product or service in question by part number, applicable purchase order number and/or the original of date purchase. You may contact SCS Lighting as follows:
SCS Lighting Solutions, Incorporated
25801 Obrero Drive Suite #6
Mission Viejo CA, 92691 USA
Toll Free: 1 + 877-977-8578
Any insurance and/or shipping costs incurred in returning your SCS Lighting product for service are the customer’s responsibility. SCS Lighting will not be responsible for any products lost or damaged in shipment.
User Instructions and Maintenance – SCS Lighting recommends the following when working with our products:
- Do not place combustible material around light fixtures.
- If a fault occurs, please turn off power and the contact the agent or manufacture.
- Clean all lamps regularly with a damp soft cloth followed by a dry soft cloth.
- Do not use any volatile materials to clean lamps or fixtures, discoloration or damage may occur.
Warranty Exclusions and Conditions – Representatives and brokers of SCS Lighting products or services are not authorized to modify this warranty in any way. It is the Customer’s responsibility to regularly examine the product to determine the need for normal service or replacement. This warranty does not cover the following:
- Products outside the warranty period.
- Products that have been modified, neglected or poorly maintained, misused, abused or involved in accidents or natural disasters.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (such claims must be presented directly to the freight forwarder or shipping company).
- Damage to the product resulting from improper maintenance or repair, the use or installation of parts and/or accessories that are not compatible with the original intended use of the product, or the failure to follow the product warnings and usage instructions.
- Damage due to installation from an unauthorized third party.
- Damage or deterioration to the surface finish, aesthetics or appearance of the product.
- The labor costs required to remove and/or refit and readjust the product covered by this warranty.
- Normal wear and tear to the product.
- Or, any products for which the Customer does not follow the warranty procedures outlined above.